This post is contributed by One Drop Member – Winnie Fannon.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrom (PCOS)
Most women suffer from this, sometimes without us even realising it. Unfortunately, there is really no cure for it except for lifestyle modifications, clean & healthy eating (think whole foods, unprocessed, organic if possible, more plant-based), and being diligent in using our awesome YL products and supplements..
Not only genetics, but women with PCOS tend to have high levels of androgens (aka testosterone)..And high insulin levels. In fact, this is all related. High levels of testosterone create insulin resistance, and vice versa too. Insulin is a hormone the pancreas produces to help the body use sugar from foods for energy.
When cells can’t use insulin properly, the body’s demand for insulin increases. The pancreas makes more insulin to compensate. Extra insulin triggers the ovaries to produce more male hormones. Super super Vicious Cycle!
So cut down on sugars, eat healthy, EXERCISE REGULARLY! And when you drop weight with physical activities/exercise, your PCOS will most likely be under control!
1) Progessence Phyto Plus: Yes this oil is good for all things hormonal..Apply on Neck, forearms, ankles, groin area, womb, wrists. Our progesterone is our stay calm and serene hormone.
2) The Phytoestrogen Oils: Clary Sage, SclarEssence, Lady Sclareol.. Apply like how you would apply Progessence. No right or wrong way to apply. Just apply and use
3) Endoflex Vitality/Endoflex: Put a drop under your tongue, or drink in a glass of water, or apply on your thyroid
4) Ylang Ylang + Dragon Time + Nutmeg: All these oils are good combinations for helping your female hormones balance.
1) Ningxia Red: Personally I find that this helps a lot. Why? Wolfberry helps in tuning the blood sugar levels so it helps with insulin resistance..Get the link?? I take around 150mL to 180mL per day..
2) Sulfurzyme: Women with PCOS often have increased levels of inflammation in their body. Being overweight can also contribute to inflammation. Studies have linked excess inflammation to higher androgen levels. Yeah this guy is SUPER ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, so enough said!! I take 3-4 capsules in the morning and 3-4 capsule at night..
3) Super Hormonal Supplements: Thyromin + Cortistop + PD 80/20 + FemiGen.. Read the instructions on the bottle for directions for use
4) Excellent Overall Supplements: Mineral Essence + Master Formula. If Mineral Essence is too yucky tasting, you can always add it to Ningxia Red
Removing Toxins From your Lifestyle: Think Thieves Products, YL’s Personal Care Products, Clean Chemical Free Savvy Minerals Makeup, Seedlings, DIY Products with YL EOs.
Winnie is a member of OneDrop and shares information about Young Living products on her facebook page and instagram. If you like Winnie’s articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils, please feel free to get in touch with Winnie or sign up directly here.