IMMUNOLOGY & IMMUPOWER
This post is contributed by One Drop member – Ranna Seah.
Immunology is the study of the immune system and is a very important branch of the medical and biological sciences. The immune system is definitely one of the most important systems in your body. I’ve always referred to it as the body’s first line of defense and we must take care of it! And in this blog, I am going to simplify and help you understand a bit of Immunology and why you will want to use ImmuPower to support.
Our Immune System Organs
Here’s a diagram of our organs that made up our Immune System:
- Thymus: The thymus is an organ located in the upper chest. Immature lymphocytes leave the bone marrow and find their way to the thymus where they are “educated” to become mature T-lymphocytes.
- Liver: The liver is the major organ responsible for synthesizing proteins of the complement system. In addition, it contains large numbers of phagocytic cells which ingest bacteria in the blood as it passes through the liver.
- Bone Marrow: The bone marrow is the location where all cells of the immune system begin their development from primitive stem cells.
- Tonsils: Tonsils are collections of lymphocytes in the throat.
- Lymph Nodes: Lymph nodes are collections of B-lymphocytes and T-lymphocytes throughout the body. Cells congregate in lymph nodes to communicate with each other.
- Spleen: The spleen is a collection of T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes and monocytes. It serves to filter the blood and provides a site for organisms and cells of the immune system to interact.
- Blood: Blood is the circulatory system that carries cells and proteins of the immune system from one part of the body to another.
Cells of the Immune System
- Bone marrow: The site in the body where most of the cells of the immune system are produced as immature or stem cells.
- Stem cells: These cells have the potential to differentiate and mature into the different cells of the immune system.
- Thymus: An organ located in the chest which instructs immature lymphocytes to become mature T-lymphocytes.
- B-Cells: These lymphocytes arise in the bone marrow and differentiate into plasma cells which in turn produce immunoglobulins (antibodies).
- Cytotoxic T-cells: These lymphocytes mature in the thymus and are responsible for killing infected cells.
- Helper T-cells: These specialized lymphocytes “help” other T-cells and B-cells to perform their functions.
- Plasma Cells: These cells develop from B-cells and are the cells that make immunoglobulin for the serum and the secretions.
- Immunoglobulins: These highly specialized protein molecules, also known as antibodies, fit foreign antigens, such as polio, like a lock and key. Their variety is so extensive that they can be produced to match all possible microorganisms in our environment.
- Neutrophils (Polymorphonuclear PMN Cell): A type of cell found in the blood stream that rapidly ingests microorganisms and kills them.
- Monocytes:A type of phagocytic cell found in the blood stream which develops into a macrophage when it migrates to tissues.
- Red Blood Cells: The cells in the blood stream which carry oxygen from the lungs to the tissues.
- Platelets: Small cells in the blood stream which are important in blood clotting.
- Dendritic Cells: Important cells in presenting antigen to immune system cells.
After going through so many websites on google, I gathered most of the information above from: https://primaryimmune.org/immune-system-and-primary-immunodeficiency
Which is to the point and very clear for me.
And as you can see, there are many many parts of our bodies that governs our immune system and they are working on overdrive whenever we are stressed…too tired…hormonal imbalances…they come as a package! Immune and hormones…so you feel even suckier.
But hang on…hang on…the founder of Young Living, Gary Young, already created the solution for us. It is called “ImmuPower”. ImmuPower is a blend made with Hyssop, Mountain Savory, Cistus, Ravintsara, Oregano, Clove, Cumin, Idaho Tansy. Each of those oils were carefully chosen for their wonderful capabilities to help bring the body’s physical and emotional health. Take a drop or two of ImmuPower, mix it with V6 and apply it upwards from the base of your spine to near your neck. You can throwing in some feathering strokes like in Raindrop as you apply ImmuPower because…the stroking movement will stimulate the Parasympathetic Nervous System which in turn…supported your Immune System!
In layman’s term, what ImmuPower does is that it take over the job of supporting the immune system (first line of defense remember?) and thus the body has time to go fix the other stuffs! And that…ladies and gentlemen…is why you will want ImmuPower on your order list!
Isn’t it wonderful and amazing how our bodies are designed? All we need to do is learn and find out for ourselves.
If you like my articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils or have further clarifications, please drop me a message here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to sign up as member to purchase, you can click here. I would love to support you in using the oils for yourself and your loved ones.