COOKING WITH DANGER MAN
EGG BENEDICT WITH HOMEMADE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
This post is contributed by One Drop member – Johnathan Oh
- 2 egg yolk
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 30g melted butter
- A teaspoon of EVOO
- Tabasco sauce
- Black pepper
- Essential Oil: Basil PLUS
- 1 poached Egg
- 2 pieces of ham or smoked salmon
- Rocket/Arugula or iceberg lettuce
- 1 slice of Toast
- DO NOT use EO from unknown, unspecified and unverified sources (Can’t stress this enough)
- DO NOT drip the EO directly on your dish
- DO NOT use EO on direct heat to avoid destroying the benefits of the EO
- To make the hollandaise sauce, heat up a ban marie or simply place a glass bowl on top of a pot with boiling water. Add in the egg yolk and whisk.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan under low heat (don’t boil it!). Add the butter into the egg yolk a little at a time while continually whisking the egg yolk.
- Add the Essential Oil mixture into the egg yolk mixture and continue to whisk till.
- Add the lemon juice into the mixture and a dash of Tabasco sauce for kick (optional). Remove the bowl from the pot.
- Season with salt for taste. The hollandaise sauce should not break or curdled, if it does, add a little lemon juice and whisk it again.
- Heat up a pot of water (twice the amount to cover the egg) and add a tablespoon of vinegar into the then bring to a boil.
- Break the egg into a bowl. Swirl the water in the pot and pour the egg into the water and let it poached for 2-3 minutes. The egg white should be set nicely and the yolk still transparent (not opaque).
- Now to assemble the Egg Benedict. Butter your toast, place it on a plate. Plate the iceberg lettuce or arugula on the toast.
- Place the ham/smoked salmon on top of the greens. Drain the poached egg and place it gently on top of the ham.
- Spoon the hollandaise sauce over the egg and finish off with a sprinkle of black pepper.
If you like Johnathan’s articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils or have further clarifications, please email Johnathan here. If you are ready to sign up as member to purchase, you can click here to join Johnathan and his team.